We wanted to share some insights that we thought are interesting and could get our hands on
What are npm’s most popular packages? how many vulnerabilities are associated with them?
Here are the top 3
- lodash: 3 vulnerabilities (1 high sev)
- request: 1 vulnerability (17 typosquatting attempts)
- chalk 0 vulnerabilities: (1 typosquatting attempt)
How many downloads do the top 10 packages pull in?
- debug: >40 million weekly downloads
- kind-of: >34 million weekly downloads
- supports-color: >34 million weekly downloads
There’s a more detailed article on other registry and community statistics such as how many npm packages were added in 2019? As well as what are some interesting insights from the Node.js Foundation’s package maintenance working group.